- from publicly accessible sources, e.g. Companies House or HM Land Registry;
- directly from a third party, e.g. credit reference agencies;
- from a third party with your consent, e.g. client’s reference;
- from cookies on our website – see below for more information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information to enable us undertake credit or other financial checks on you
- other information relevant to customer surveys, promotions and/or offers
We do not collect or process special category personal information (e.g. racial or ethnic origin, religious belief etc.) without your explicit consent.
How and why we use your personal information
Under GDPR, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, that is:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share personal information with:
- third parties we use to help deliver our services to you, e.g. our sub-consultants and supply chain;
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts;
- credit reference agencies;
- our insurers; and
- our bank.
We only allow these service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. The reasons for sharing your personal information are set above under the heading “How and why we use your personal information”.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge
The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
- To be forgotten
The right to require us to delete your personal information – in certain situations
- Restriction of processing
The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information – in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
- Not to be subject to automated individual decision-making
The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
- Data portability
The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations
- To object
The right to object
- At any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling)
- In certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interest
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.